08 March 2013
The Urban Taskforce concerns with the valuation system relates primarily to the:
- unrealistic broad-brush land values being applied to greenfield land based on land zoning without due consideration of:
- actual land use;
- development capability of the land;
- need and cost of provision of essential infrastructure;
- requirement for land owners to pay land tax upfront based on land valuations in dispute and/or subject to legal challenge;
- costs not being awarded to the appellant when land valuations are determined by the courts.
28 February 2013
Our concerns with the Draft Leichhardt Local Environmental Plan 2012 relate to the urgent need for a:
- Comprehensive and transparent review of existing planning controls, not a simple translation of existing controls into the standard template; and,
- Significant increase in residential density in the vicinity of proposed light rail stations and along the light rail corridor.
07 February 2013
Response from The Hon. Greg Pearce MLC re UTF letter on Inquiry into Land Valuation System dated 05.02.13
05 February 2013
UTF letter to Hon. Michael Baird MP, Treasurer re Inquiry into Land Valuation System
31 January 2013We are pleased that the Commonwealth Government is progressing policy that will support active transport and encourage greater use of public transport. We argue that the implementation ofsuch policy will rely upon a coordinated review of planning regulation along transport corridors andnodes.
21 December 2013
We have been working with Government as a member of the Employment Lands Taskforce, haveextensively contributed to the development of planning principles for industrial lands and willcontinue to participate in the development of a structure plan for the broader Western SydneyEmployment Area. We look forward to working with the Council on this employment lands study.
19 December 2012
The Urban Taskforce has engaged in the local government reform debate and we strongly support the review of the Act to facilitate urgently needed change to the structure and operation of local government. In this regard, the Urban Taskforce submits a recently completed study into improving local government efficiency.
19 December 2012
The Urban Taskforce encourages state and local government to support development and investment into regionally significant cities such as Parramatta. In this regard we understand that Crown International Holdings Group is seeking a modification to their development consent for their proposal on the corner of Macquarie and Marsden Streets
03 December 2012
The Urban Taskforce observations are that many local councils take the view that the preparation and adoption of a standard instrument compliant local environmental plan is simply a consolidation process, transferring existing controls from often outdated and irrelevant Planning Schemes into the standard instrument template.
20 November 2012
The Urban Taskforce is pleased to be involved in the review of the NSW Planning system. We have consistently advocated for clear legislation and a less complex planning system, that will provide certainly and support development led economic growth for New South Wales. We are strong supporters of the Governments Green Paper and we were happy to be included in the first of the key stakeholder White Paper workshops. However, we feel that the workshop and event was not well managed and that unfortunately it did not advance the cause for community participation.