Urban Taskforce | Legal Notices
Urban Taskforce | Legal Notices
- warranties and representations about all information on this website; and
- liability for any loss, damages and expenses incurred, connected with any use or access to this website or any reliance on information contained on this website.
The Urban Taskforce recommends that users exercise their own skill and care with respect to the access and use of this website.
This website may contain links to other websites and may display content or information from other websites within this website. The Urban Taskforce is not responsible for any content or information or privacy practices of such other sites and we make no representation as to the accuracy of that content or information.
The contents of this website, including any text or graphics contained within this site, may only be reproduced, modified, adapted or published with written permission from Urban Taskforce. For any requests and enquiries concerning reproduction and copyright please contact:
Chief Executive Officer
Urban Taskforce Australia
GPO Box 5296
Sydney NSW 2001
T: 02 9238 3955
F: 02 9222 9122
The core functions of the Urban Taskforce are to:
- make submissions to government agencies, on behalf of our members, on matters pertaining to policy and legislation for urban development;
- advise our members on contemporary urban development issues;
- provide media statements; and
- manage awards events, including ˜The Urban Taskforce Development Excellence Awards and the ˜ Property Person of the Year.
Some personal information is collected and distributed in the course of undertaking these functions.
What type of information do we collect?
The information we collect includes:
- names (including your business and trading names);
- contact details (including mailing address, telephone numbers and e-mail addresses);
- the website address of your organisation;
- information disclosed about your organisation;
- the subject matter of any enquiry or message, including opinions, views and advice about a range of policy issues, legislation amendments and urban development proposals, both requested and volunteered by participants; and
- photographs of persons attending our events and functions.
How do we collect the information?
The Urban Taskforce collects this information in both hard copy and electronic forms. We will usually collect personal information about you only with your consent for example, when you register your membership, contact us with a query or respond to a request for information.
Examples of how we collect personal information are:
- correspondence (letter, facsimile and/or email);
- taking notes of interviews and proceedings at meetings;
- attendance sheets at meetings and functions;
- membership applications;
- entries for awards/competitions;
- events registration forms; and
- surveys & questionnaires.
There may be occasions when we need to source personal information about you from a third party. For example, we may collect personal information from your friends or associates who provide your information to us so as we can send you information about us or about one of our events, or to contact you about a matter of professional advice.
What do we do with the information?
The Urban Taskforce does not sell or trade the personal information it receives with third parties.
The personal information supplied is used for:
- membership records and a member directory;
- reports and submissions (acknowledging contributors and identifying membership);
- reports on the proceedings of meetings;
- promotion and invitation to our events and functions; and
- processing payments.
Every effort is made to ensure that such reports do not disclose personal information to third parties unless:
- permission is sought from the individual who submits that information, or
- the individual is notified that this will occur prior to their participation in our work, or
- the individual requests that the information supplied be disclosed to third parties, or
- that disclosure could be reasonably expected, or
- the law requires that such information be supplied.
We take reasonable steps to ensure that your personal information is accurate, complete, and up-to-date whenever we collect or use it.
Personal information that has been supplied to us is stored securely in the Urban Taskforce offices, either in hard copy files or in our electronic database on the office server.
We protect any personal information that we hold from misuse and loss. We also protect it from unauthorised access, modification and disclosure.
We maintain security over our paper and electronic data stores and premises, such as locks and security systems, computer network firewalls and user identifiers and passwords to control access to our computer systems.
Spam is unsolicited email sent in bulk. Any promotion, information or solicitation that is sent to a person via email without their prior consent, where there is no pre-existing relationship between the sender and the recipient, is spam.
The Urban Taskforce opposes the sending of spam and prohibits it's staff and officers from sending of spam. We do not allow anyone to use our services for the purpose of sending spam.
Upon request the Urban Taskforce will disclose to you what personal information of yours it holds, and the manner in which it is held.
By mail: GPO Box 5396 Sydney NSW 2001
By phone: (02) 9238 3955
By facsimile: (02) 9222 9122